Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Arf Day!

Theda the black lab who lives with us says "Happy ARF Day"! I know that's too stupid cute to be allowed to be viewed but I couldn't he'p ma se'f.

So, for Earth Day I have been thinking a lot about the connection between hunger and living greenly. Of course there are connections that one barely need drift into thoughtland to see: eating less meat is the first that comes to mind. Raising meat has one hell of an impact on the environment and if you have doubts this is an amusing place to see some numbers and facts http://www.pbjcampaign.org/ . Of course raising less meat would free up a whole lotta grain/foodstuffs to feed people. Eating less meat would/could alleviate some of the clearing of rainforest for pasture and grain tillage. And one could go on. And I think I will, after spending more time composing my thoughts. If you have any thoughts on this connection, I would love to hear them.

No comments: