Wednesday, March 19, 2008

HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL

I am the most cynical US citizen I know at the moment. I can't help it, I have just watched politics and corporations(and universities and scientific endeavors etc etc) in this profit driven society for too too long not to be a disillusioned old poop. Today I listened to Barrack Obama's speech regarding the kerfluffle over his pastor's comments about racism and the USA. God, imagine a person of color expressing anger over the US and racism! Unthinkable. If you haven't, you should read Killing Rage by Bell Hooks. Anyway. The speech was remarkable. It was honest and courageous and chock full of what we ALL ned to hear. I liked Obama before, but now, in spite of the corporate connections every politician in the land of bilk and money has to have to get where they gotta go, I am a BIG fan. I have hope. Check out the speech at http://www.moveon.org/

No comments: