Thursday, February 28, 2008

Post the first

I can't imagine anyone would really want to read anything I have to say, but that's ok because I am journaling. My blog is named for the only real nick-name I have ever had, "e-qua yona"-Big Bear in Cherokee(Tsalagi). One of my favorite ever students called me that when I taught at Cherokee HS on the Qualla Boundary in North Carolina. What a great place! I left there after way to short a time to try immigrating to Canada- I tried to escape paying for the grotesquely bloated U.S war machine. Arrggghh-hard to escape.
Today I am staring on one of those 'get back in shape programs'. I am hampered by having screwed up my ankles a while back, but soon snow will be gone and I can ride the trusty bicycle! Right now I weigh 220.5 pounds at 6'3". Goal: 195 by May. My Plan-eat less junk and exercise more. Pretty high tech, I know. I just went for a walk-trying to do at least ten minutes three to four times a day. Short jaunts save the ankles. Next move: bring in my weight bench from the garage and start lifting.

No comments: